Christmas

And the holidays are done! or are they!

So I haven’t had the opportunity to update this page in a while. It has been really busy lately.

I spent many hours this past month working on the 12 Daytimes of Christmas on Rogers Television. The final two episodes are going to re-air on January 1-4th (11am, 4pm, and 10pm.)

Also another note of something to watch was the locally shot “Sticks and Stones” 8pm AT Jan 1st on CTV.

Now getting onto some of my movies, the pilot episode of the “Badger Hunter” is almost edited for it’s February release date. We are working on it’s website this weekend.

On Boxing Day, I learned that the Toronto Film School is closing which now is gonna change my plans for a October move to Toronto. Tony and I have been looking now at the Toronto Film College but have not heard much about it, also Toronto apartment hunting seems like a daunting monster, even harder than the actual move.

Welcome to White December

I don’t have much time to make this post but doesn’t the ground look nicer when all the imperfections are covered by a soft fluffy white layer of freshly placed snow.

To day before work I’m going to bring an Acer laptop back to The Source because the wireless does not have good reception to my network and that it is impossible to network it properly with only Windows Vista Home Basic on it. Also when you dim the screen so it doesn’t take your eyes out in a dark room it forgets it after several minutes and blinds you. It also does not have easy a find in the dark volume keys.

Otherwise it was an okay laptop.

I guess that is it for now. I’ll post back soon.

Daytimes of Christmas

These elements were created in Corel Draw 12, Adobe Illustrator CS, Adobe Photoshop CS, and Adobe AfterEffects 6.

The goal of this project was by changing a few basic elements to an existing show design seamlessly blend in a holiday theme that still made the show look like the original. This project was first conceived on a Friday and needed to be ready to go on air live the following Monday morning. About 12 hours went into this project. The project consisted of re-editing the end of the existing show theme in Avid, a 10-second Bumper, a themed moving background, and a plain background for credits. And changes to the show CG elements of a logo change, a new bug, and show and remove animations.

Logo

Show Bug

Bumper

The images above may not be reproduced on any site other than cefm.ca.