Starkey Bridge

Starkey Bridge, built in 1912

Officially the Long Creek #1 bridge, this bridge is in very poor shape. Built-in 1912 was one of many bridges in the area that have been mostly replaced with steel bridges. This is the oldest of two remaining bridges in Queen’s County. This bridge is 41.5 metres long.

It appears like this bridge or at least the roads to and from it were picked up and dropped by recent unprecedented flooding. Given that there is a nearby alternative route across this body of water, this road is not really needed and very unlikely this bridge will be ever used again.

Hanging boards.
Inner Trusses
View from the bridge.

Leave a Reply