There are somethings in life that VR will just not replace. One such thing is the experience of a Contiki tour. Or can it? I just read an article on Travel Week where with $149 for 3 hours you can experience a 3D VR experience of world wonders like Oktoberfest in Germany.
I’m sorry but there is nothing close to Oktoberfest in Germany then…
I have been on 3 and soon to be 4 Contiki Europe trips, and the experiences you get from days with people from all over the globe just cannot be virtually obtained. Especially the smells of cities like London, Paris, Rome, Venice are also part of the experience. Travelling is to me about the experience more so then just seeing the sites.
After the mess of a year 2012 was my New Year’s resolution was that 2013 was going to be a year of firsts. This year also seemed to acquire a slogan as well due to my Contiki trip, and that was #noregrets.
Now I know that I have ignored updating here as often as I should in favour of quick tweets, Facebook posts, and Instagrams. For the year-end post I thought I would take a moment to list my firsts for the year (in no particular order).
1. Had a real birthday celebration.
2. First time in Monaco and Liechtenstein (small enough to be a single first).
3. Went to an adult costume party for Hallowe’en.
4. Exceeded my custom’s limit.
5. First major out-of-town music festival. (Osheaga)
6. My first “snowboard”.
7. Tried out a few new restaurants. (Decimal 81, Britt’s, Lemongrass)
8. Volunteered for my first theatre event. (Fundy Fringe Festival)
I have also included below a gallery of some of this years best moments that I have photos of.